Selecting a trustworthy contractor to clean residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning ducts can be a challenge. Much like selecting the right mechanic for your car, you want someone who will be trustworthy, upfront and honest, all at a fair price.
So how do you find that contractor to clean an HVAC system? Here are our top tips for selecting a trustworthy contractor:
- References – Ask around. Does the company you’re looking at have a good reputation with friends and family you trust?
- Experience – Look for someone who has been in business for several years or more. With experience comes more knowledge, and often, a reputation.
- Training and certifications – Is the business certified by HVAC manufacturers?
- Licensing and standards – Does the business adhere to industry standards? With HVAC cleaning, this could be the International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Association or other similar institutions.
- Guarantees – Look for a company that stands behind their work, in writing.
Do you have tips for selecting a trustworthy contractor? Let us know!